Subject: RE: [regrep] V3 Work Item: Content Based Queries

Title: RE: [regrep] V3 Work Item: Content Based Queries

Farrukh,

(Sorry to post this to the main list - I'm not subscribed to the query list)

I fully support this proposal.  Can you also please tell me if this would allow for registration/classification of constructs within XML documents/schemas/DTDs such as:

- Element names
- Attribute names
- Named types (only apply to schemas, of course)

I was just with a client who mentioned their need to be able to store and manage these more fine-grained constructs within a registry.  They would like to do things like:

- Register an element
- Register one or more tags that can be used to represent that element in XML documents
- Register attributes
etc.

Additionally, they see a need to be able to query a registry for things like:

- All occurrences in registered XML documents of a given tag
- All occurrences in registered XML documents of a given element (i.e. cross-reference with its associated tags)
- All occurrences in registered XML documents of a given element in a given namespace
etc.

Thanks,