Subject: [regrep] Response to comments questions

Here are Karl's responses to my questions:

> 1. Can the OASIS membership continue to submit comments during the voting
period in April?

Well, I guess anyone can submit a comment at any time. The question is what
can be done about it. The TC can withdraw the submission at any time up
until the vote results are announced, so if you receive a show-stopper
comment and you want to fix it in the spec then submit it again the
following quarter. But you cannot change the spec once it has submitted to
members for review and vote.

> 2. Is there a preferred process for posting all comments and resolutions
to the voting membership?

Not sure what you mean here -- do you mean the OASIS membership? and what
sort of comments and resolutions? I suppose that if comments are received
that you want the membership to see before they make their vote then the
comments could be posted on the TC web page and we could send out an
announcement to the members list. But I'm still not sure what sort of thing
you're thinking about.

So it looks like we can gather comments and resolutions into one document,
post it on the Registry TC web page, and ask to have an announcement to the
OASIS voting members.  We also plan to reply back to the commenter on their
specific comment.  I would suggest that we wait until near the end of March
to see how many and what kind of comments we have, and determine at that
time if we feel it would be helpful to do this.

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies
Boeing Library Services