Subject: [regrep] [Fwd: [regrep-comresolve] Minutes from Comments ResolutionTeam Mtg - 18 Mar]

Team,

FYI. Here are the minutes from the comment resoloution team's last and
only meeting.
My thanks to Joel for taking the minutes.

I will be sending our latest issue list in an hour or so.

Attendees:
Nikola, Sanjay, Farrukh, Joel

General Discussion:
A TC meeting is scheduled for Thursday 21 March so we agreed to plan to
update the TC on the current status of the proposed resolutions.  The state
of the issues that we discussed is from the 15 March issue database.  The
categories should probably be changed but we deferred that to later in the
meeting or on the list.

AR: Farrukh to publish an issues status report for the TC before the
Thursday meeting.

Review issues logged: 	(these represent Joel's quick minutes)
				(farrukh will wordsmith as he can)
156 - users who wish to select metadata and then issue
	getContentRequest calls in a more productive manner
	can do that now.  joel asked: would it be useful to
	define specific policies around implementations that
	manage and protect for DoS and or other unexpected
	"deep" query issues.  we agreed to work discussion of
	these policy into V3.
157 - done
158 - done
159 - done
160 - joel asked: can these semantic rules be different and
	still get to the same result?  if so, then should this be
	non-normative?  the comment resolution team agreed to
	leave it in the specification.  joel disagreed
161 - it is in the ebRS.pdf, lines 429:441, but does not hurt
	the spec.  this may be moved in the future but the team
	agreed to retain it.
162 - done, agreed with farrukh's proposed resolution.
163 - cancel per submitter
164 - cancel per submitter
165 - cancel per submitter
166 - cancel per submitter
167 - joel asked: would it be useful to
	define specific policies around implementations that
	manage and protect for DoS and or other unexpected
	"deep" query issues.  we agreed to work discussion of
	these policy into V3.
168 - we agreed with farrukh's proposed resolution.
169 - we agreed with farrukh's proposed resolution.
170 - no resolution yet.  including response from suresh.
	will not affect implementation.
171 - we agreed with farrukh's proposed resolution.
172 - we agreed with farrukh's proposed resolution.
173 - farrukh to complete the resolution text but we all agree.
174 - we agreed with farrukh's proposed resolution.

Identify any missing issues and log them:
Joel's request for the BP Catalog and unique ID discussion to be added as a
new item. The team agreed to discuss this with the general TC on Thursday.
We did not reach conclusion that it should be added to the V2 Spec issues
log database.  Other comments logs were discussed.  The editor of these
notes asks: What logs?  Where are they?

Resolve as many issues as possible. Goal is to resolve all:
WE DID.

Discuss any process improvements if necessary:
WE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO DO THIS.

There is no need to schedule a follow-on telecon.

Thanks,
Joel Munter
Distributed Systems, Intel Labs
joel.d.munter@intel.com