Subject: Re: [regrep] URL Interface to OASIS ebXML Registry Proposal

Zack,

My answers are inline:

On Thursday, May 2, 2002, at 08:23 PM, Zachary Alexander wrote:

> Matthew,
>
> 1) What is returned from the request?  Is it straight XML?

If it's a registry object, I would assume so.  If it's a repository
item, that depends on what the content actually is.   As this best
practice is targeting only HTTP, I would expect that implementors would
make good use of the HTTP Content-Type header.

> 2) Line 60 URL Access Point for the URL-based interface:
>
> 	a) Will the spec define a default URL Access Point?

No.  This would be implementation specific.  The best practice only
seeks to define the part of the URL which defines the actions.
Furthermore, I am not sure how we could define a default access point,
as that will change from host to host and implementation to
implementation.  I assume that the access point for a registry will be
advertised on the registry's proprietary web/other UI, or in product
documentation.

> 	b) Will the access point support an index page?

This best practice document defines a lowest-common-denominator
interface.  If an implementor would like to extend it to contain more
actions and default actions, they are more than welcome to.  The purpose
of this is to provide a uniform way of linking to content managed by an
ebXML registry.

Regards,

Matt