Subject: [regrep] update: Results of voting on OASIS Standards

OASIS members:

The OASIS TC Process requires that when a ballot for the advancement of
a Committee Specification to the status of OASIS Standard includes
negative votes that the TC should vote on how to handle those votes. The
ebXML Registry Information Model (RIM) and Registry Services (RS)
specifications received negative votes during last month's balloting,
and I was incorrect in announcing that the specifications were advanced
to OASIS Standard before the TC had the opportunity to make this
decision. The OASIS ebXML Registry TC has now voted to "request OASIS to
approve the specification as submitted despite the negative votes" (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200205/msg00047.html).

I can now certify that RIM and RS are approved as OASIS Standards.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206