Subject: [regrep] Differences between version 1.0 and 2.0

It has been suggested that we summarize the differences between the two
versions of the specs and post the summary to our web site.  Please take a
look at this summary below.  I would like to discuss this at our next
telecon (in two weeks) so we can approve it and post it ASAP.

The following is a list of major differences between 1.0 and 2.0 of ebXML
Registry specifications. Note that 2.0 is not backward compatible with 1.0.
In future backward compatibility will be an important goal.

	Filter query syntax/semantics has been simplified

	Extramural association: Defines semantic of creating associations
between two objects where one or both objects are not owned by the party
that is creating the association.

	RIM changes: Simplifications to make RIM metadata be more lighter
weight.

	UpdateObjectsRequest: Separates update requests from submit
requests.

	I18N changes: Now allows same attribute to have multiple locale and
character set specific values.

	External Classification support: Allow a classification to be
defined when the taxonomy resides outside the registry.

	ClassificationScheme: Added a new infomodel class to represent a
taxonomy.

	SOAP interface (RAWS): Added normative SOAP binding (in WSDL form)
to the abstract interface for the registry

	Registration of Web Services (ROWS): Added ability to
publish/discover Web Services, their service bindings and their
specifications.

	Security enhancements to clarify use of XML Digital signatures in
registry Requests and Responses.

Kathryn Breininger
CENTRAL Project Manager
Emerging Technologies