Subject: RE: [regrep] Vote on version 2.03 - ACTION ITEM

Yes, I hear your point, and I am sympathetic to it.
I would request use cases based on potential deployment environments to support
your argument so that we may reconsider this requirement in V3 time frame.
Please send those use cases to the registry-security mailing list.
Thanks for bringing this issue up.

-Suresh
Sterling Commerce

-----Original Message-----
From: Munter, Joel D [mailto:joel.d.munter@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2002 10:05 AM
To: Damodaran, Suresh; 'Oasis Registry TC'

My primary argument is, "financial and technological barriers to entry."  Certificate acquisition and management are not free and not trivial.  From a practical point, I may choose to make some things that I publish, purely public and dsig just simply is not required.  I want to be able to choose what I sign.  imho Signing entries should be optional.  It has been suggested (by others) that the first two might be reconsidered in the V3 timeframe.
Joel