Subject: [regrep] Open Forum on Metadata Registries

You are invited to participate in the sixth international Open Forum on
Metadata Registries. It will be held January 20-24, 2003 in Santa Fe, New
Mexico, USA.
Please see the call for participation at:
www.metadata-standards.org/OpenForum2003
<http://www.metadata-standards.org/OpenForum2003>
This is a preliminary announcement. The web site contains draft material
being developed by the organizing committee. It will be updated as speakers
are confirmed. Please check for updates.
Participants will explore the capabilities, uses, content, development, and
operation of registries and related technologies. Emphasis is on managing
the semantics (meaning) of data that is shared within and between
organizations or disseminated via the World Wide Web.
This Open Forum will concentrate on the following technologies: ISO/IEC
11179 Metadata Registries, Universal Description, Discovery, and Integration
(UDDI), XML Registries/Repositories (including ebXML), Database Catalogs
(e.g., relational DBMS/SQL), CASE Tool Repositories, Software Component
Registries, Terminology and Ontological Registries, and Dublin Core
Registries.
Tutorials will be given on these technologies and on the relevant standards.
A theme will be cooperation and interoperation of these technologies. The
practical use of the technologies will be described and demonstrated in
"tracks". The tracks are: Standards, Technologies, and Tutorials;
Bioinformatics & Genomics; Defense; Electronic Business; Environment;
Healthcare; Knowledge Management & Learning Technology; Statistics;
Terminology and Ontologies; Transportation, Aviation, and Aerospace.
The tracks will gather standards developers, software developers, and
practitioners in these fields to demonstrate accomplishments and to discuss
experiences. Please mark your calendars and register to attend.
As I am on the organizing Committee for the Standards, Technologies, and
Tutorials Track, if I can answer any questions, please let me know.  I am
currently looking for a presenter for the OASIS ebXML Registry Tutorial
session.

Thanks,
Joel Munter
Distributed Systems, Intel Labs