Subject: RE: [regrep] Minutes of today's meeting

Title: RE: [regrep] Minutes of today's meeting

David,

I think I can help from the UBL side of things (you may already know some or all of this):

<Snip>
I would therefore suggest that UBL can take a similar contextual
approach and show how the components are derived using
a layered business use approach.
</Snip>

UBL has a "Context Methodology" subcommittee (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/cmsc/) that is covering this area.  Their purpose (from their page) is "to develop a methodology and tools for applying context to the core library of generic business information entities (BIEs) in order to produce contextualized BIEs, and develop initial machine-readable descriptions of context rules, in the service of helping the Library Content SC do its work."

There are also 2 other subcommittees dedicated to context:

        - Context Drivers
        - Context Assembly

The Context Drivers SC is on the verge of releasing a draft (their first, I believe).

I am a member of the Library Content SC (http://oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/lcsc/), chaired by Tim McGrath.  The CIQ Team reviewed our first release (Order) back in April - here is an e-mail excerpt from Ram Kumar (4/8/02):

"The CIQ team also believes that there are overlaps between what CIQ is
doing (eg. international name and address definition) and what the UBL
team has come up with to represent customer centric data. This is where
we see how CIQ definitions for customer information can be re-used by the
UBL team."

Hope this helps,