Subject: RE: [regrep] Content-based discovery proposal version 0.2

Here is a view of a registry record from Boeing's CENTRAL registry, which
has many similarities to ebXML.  This record represents an OAG BOD.  The
"Asset URL" is the download link to the DTD itself.  The "Information URL"
is our experimental implementation of a Namespace URI, and it has a basic
RDDL file at the other end with human-readable information on all the OAG
BODs.  Some of the "Other Search Terms" are element names from the DTD.  The
"Related Assets" show which, if any, other items in the Registry might be of
interest to someone who needs this particular BOD.

Nicholas Berry
Boeing

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 4:31 PM
To: David RR Webber - XMLGlobal
Cc: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

David,

Thanks for your offer to help with the OAG BOD example task. What we are
looking for is an illustrative example that shows how the
Content-based-discovery feature can be used to discover an OAG BOD based
on queries predicated on indexed metadata. The example should include:

1. An OAG BOD XML document (indexable content) as well as its
ExtrinsicObject metadata

2. An XSLT style sheet for use with default XML Content Indexer compatible
with OAG BODs (index definition file)

3. Output RIM instances representing the modified ExtrinsicObject metadata
for (1) with Classification's

I would be glad to work with you on this. I suspect Matt would be very
valuable help on this as well..

The idea is that the complete example should show the CBD feature in
action solving a real-world problem.

Let me know what you think. Thanks again for your offer to share your BOD
expertise.