Subject: Re: [regrep] Comment on RIM v2.0 (Service / ServiceBinding/SpecificationLink)

Hi Chaemee,

Good to hear from you.

<Chaemee>
KTNET is facing some problem while implementing Service part of RIM v2.0.
There is no attribute to link between service and servicebinding, between servicebinding and specificationlink.
</Chaemee>

First I assume that you are implementing V2.1 or RIM and RS specs and not 2.0. 2.1 is the TC approved version with
only bug fixes for 2.0.

I copy/paste from V2.1 schema file rim.xsd version 1.37 below.

1. The schema allows a Service to compose within it 0 or more ServiceBinding elements and for a ServiceBinding to
link back to the parent Service using the service attribute. As far as I can tell the linkage exists in both
directions.

2. The schema allows a ServiceBinding to compose within it 0 or more SpecificationLink elements. For reason's I
cannot immediately recall there is no backward link from SpecificationLink to its parent ServiceBinding. Chances
are this is an over-sight (minor bug) in the schema. While, this is inconsistent with (1) I believe it is certainly
implementable. All it means is that a SpecificationLink element cannot exists outside a ServiceBinding element.
Given that the ServiceBinding/SpecificationLink is one of true composition the restriction is not a burden as best
as I can tell.

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

---------------------

 <complexType name = "ServiceType">
  <complexContent>
   <extension base = "tns:RegistryEntryType">
    <sequence>
     <element ref = "tns:ServiceBinding" minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "unbounded"/>
    </sequence>
   </extension>
  </complexContent>
 </complexType>
 <element name = "Service" type = "tns:ServiceType"/>

 <complexType name = "ServiceBindingType">
  <complexContent>
   <extension base = "tns:RegistryObjectType">
    <sequence>
     <element ref = "tns:SpecificationLink" minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "unbounded"/>
    </sequence>

    <attribute name = "service" use = "optional" type = "IDREF"/>
    <attribute name = "accessURI" use="optional" type = "anyURI"/>
    <attribute name = "targetBinding" use="optional" type = "IDREF"/>
   </extension>
  </complexContent>
 </complexType>
 <element name = "ServiceBinding" type = "tns:ServiceBindingType"/>

 <complexType name = "SpecificationLinkType">
  <complexContent>
   <extension base = "tns:RegistryObjectType">
    <sequence minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs = "1">
     <element ref = "tns:UsageDescription" minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs="1" />
     <element ref = "tns:UsageParameter" minOccurs = "0" maxOccurs="unbounded" />
    </sequence>
    <attribute name = "specificationObject" use="required" type = "IDREF"/>
   </extension>
  </complexContent>
 </complexType>
 <element name = "SpecificationLink" type = "tns:SpecificationLinkType"/>