Subject: RE: [regrep] RE: [uddi-spec] ebXML Registry / UDDI Convergence

Anne,

I'm certainly agreeing with the need to have a joint subcommittee
and XMLG will be happy to provide resource to that.

Your further note on all your techie suggestions kinda illustrate
the issue I've seen in the past - in that us techies tend to want
to deep dive into the bits and bytes and that kinda gets people
fluffing up their fur and baring their teeth (my wife owns 4 cats!).

What I was articulating is that the first task is to define the
business requirements, use cases and scope  - and stay
away from bits and bytes.

Then we can give clear direction and scope to the techies,
so everyone knows exactly what which bits and bytes
are being touched for - and where the boundaries are,
and the end goals.

I offered up the simple use case of providing a read-link
between content in each registry as one deliverable, and
then the second deliverable being a joint PPT on
registry models and business purpose / intended
audience.

Anne, maybe we can have your Dad help us get that
first PPT done, eh?

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by Anne Thomas Manes

I would certainly propose a few technical notes. (I co-authored one for
ebXML a while ago which spoke about using UDDI to find ebXML registries.) I
proposed a much more extensive effort to create a set of UDDI tModels that
describe ebXML registries, the APIs to access ebXML registries, as well as
uddi-org:types categorizations to represent ebXML services, but I was met
by
quite a bit of resistance from the ebXML team.

I'd propose that we start a joint subcommittee to explore integration
strategies.

Anne
<