Subject: RE: [regrep] RS v2.32 distribution

reply:

While I am certainly now just a dis-associated observer and hold no weight
with this TC, I would like to continue to monitor your progress.  With due
consideration to travel schedules, laptops, and download speeds, I would
find it more helpful if you did not send me 2.5MB of stuff within an eMail
message.  In the future, could you please consider posting the files and
simply then send a pointer to their location.

Thanks,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh.najmi@sun.com]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 2:25 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [regrep] RS v2.32 distribution

Team,

Attached is RS 2.32. My thanks to Nikola for his considerable input and
review of this version.

Changes include:

-Renamed REST to HTTP throughout the document to avoid any debate over
"what is REST" and "is our HTTP interface really REST". It is also more
obvious to many. Note that slides posted recently by Kathryn already
reflect this change in terminology"

-Re-wrote Chapter 9 "Content Management Services (CMS)" (formerly
Content-based Discovery). The chapter has been generalized to allow for
other types of CMS such as Content Validation Service. Also it now ses a
OO  approach with an abstract CMS protocol as a base protocol for
Content Validation and Content Cataloging protocols.

-Now uses a CMS scheme for classifying the CMS and uses a generic
associationType of "contentmanagementServiceFor" for configuring all
types of CMS.

-New schema (see attached file contentManagementServices.xsd)

-New terminology that is no longer specific to Content Cataloging protocol.

-Added a placeholder appendix C for Canonical Calsssification Schemes.

I propose that we review these changes in our telecon
this Thursday. Please review these section in advance of the meeting. Be
looking for cut/paste type errors in particular.

There is still considerable work left to be done before we can consider
the documents for TC approval.

Thanks for your valuable input and participation in the review process.