Subject: RE: [regrep] Funding for position paper

From a purely technical point of view, I would urge you all to review the
related UDDI Technical Note effort now being led by Keisuke Kibakura of
Fujitsu.  Kibakura-san has picked up the effort where I and others left off.
You should not start from scratch here.
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Breininger, Kathryn R [mailto:kathryn.r.breininger@boeing.com]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2002 9:28 AM
To: ebXML Regrep (E-mail)
Cc: carol.geyer@oasis-open.org; karl.best@oasis-open.org
Subject: [regrep] Funding for position paper

TC Members,
Carol Geyer is coordinating obtaining funding for the joint position paper
on registries.  A note from her is below.  Please let her know if your
company is interested in sponsoring this activity.  Kathryn
ebXML Regrep TC Members,
The OASIS UDDI Member Section is interested in working with the OASIS
Registry TC to create and publish a joint position paper on registries.
Our goal is to promote the use of registries and educate the marketplace
about ebXML and UDDI.

We estimate the cost of hiring a contractor to write the report to be
$10,000. The OASIS UDDI Member Section has agreed to contribute $5,000.
We are hoping that member companies involved in the OASIS ebXML Registry
Repository TC will match that. If we can identify five companies who
would be willing to fund this project for $1,000, we can get started
right away. Sponsoring companies would naturally receive credit in the
report itself and through our communications promoting the report.

If you would be interested in contributing, please contact me.

Many thanks,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications