Subject: Re: [regrep] XACML and Access Control Policy

Initially, it appears that verbiage will need to be added somewhere
(Farrukh can indicate where) to require the policy module to be
contacted prior to each operation in the registry to verify the
requester's permission to access an object/item.  I don't think that
there will be too many locations in the spec that are touched, but
policy checking based on XACML will become a pervasive, overarching
requirement, probably with its own section.

The XACML expert(s) (Suresh?) should verify this, the understanding
being that XACML is basically a policy format, instance(s) of which
ebXML Registry would use to decide who and what may perform various
actions.

-Matt

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 02:42  PM, Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:

> Sounds like this should be the first agenda item.  Do you anticipate
> other sections of the specs changing as a result?  If the second
> agenda item is reviewing the current changes, are there sections that
> will be affected by this proposal that we should skip in our spec
> review?

>>> doc/ebRI
>>> M.doc?rev=1.10&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> doc/ebRS
>>> .doc?rev=1.9&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>>
>>> Thanks to Nikola, Matt, Suresh, Monica and Sanjay for their
>>> contributions to this version.
>>>
>>> Please review this version of the specifications and be prepared to
>>> discuss the changes during our TC meeting on January 9th 2003.
>>>
>>> The changes to the documents were driven by the Action Items List,
>>> the latest version of which is
>>> found at:
>>>
>>> http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/ebxmlrr-spec/specActionItems.htm
>>>
>>> Good news is that we have closed most of the Action Items on the
>>> actual specification documents in version 2.33!
>>>

>>> The latest XML Schema files may be found at:
>>>
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> misc/sch
>>> ema/v3/rim.xsd?rev=1.10&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> misc/sch
>>> ema/v3/query.xsd?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> misc/sch
>>> ema/v3/rs.xsd?rev=1.11&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> misc/sch
>>> ema/v3/federation.xsd?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> misc/sch
>>> ema/v3/event.xsd?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ebxmlrr/ebxmlrr-spec/
>>> misc/sch
>>> ema/v3/contentManagementServices.xsd?rev=1.2&content-type=text/
>>> vnd.viewcvs-m