Subject: Re: [regrep] Presentations and questions : taxonomy vs. classification

Yes...I should have clarified in my original response that I was viewing
this at a very high level - that is, where "classification" and
"classification scheme" are used to mean the same thing (of course, from
our registry perspective we know they are different), and where
"classification" and "taxonomy" are used (correctly or not)
interchangeably.  The classification scheme of organisms referenced
below is a perfect example (Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family,
Genus, Species) - this is often referred to as the "Classification of
Living Things", the "Taxonomy of Life", or the "Taxonomic Classification
of Life".

Biology 101 now dismissed. ;)