Subject: Re: [regrep] OGC Web Services and ebRIM, Part II

To followup on Joe's message...

I was invited to speak at the meeting of the OGC Catalog RWG on Monday
2/10 at the OGC meeting in Washngton DC.

Here are some summary impressions from that meeting:

-I was impressed by the depth and breadth of knowledge that the Catalog
RWG members had about registries in general, ebXML Registry, JAXR and
related specifications.

-They seemed to like the new V3 capabilities and had a good discussion
on various features. I came back with several good suggestions for V4.

-The OGC OWS1 Registry Service v0.74 specification builds upon ebRIM 2.1
and extends it.

-There was at least one (possibly 2 or 3) companies there that had
prototyped an OGC OWS1 Registry Service based upon ebRIM 2.1.

-I suggested that they consider a slight change to their approach and
define their own OGC Information Model and define a normative binding to
ebXML Registry V3.

-The OGC OWS1 Registry Service work is an excellent test case for ebXML
Registry. IMO, We should invite a member of OGC Catalog RWG to be active
in our TC as a recognized liaison and to influence our V4 work positively.

I very much look forward to continued interactions and cooperation
between OGC and ebXML Registry.

PS: If anyone from OGC Catalog RWG present at the meeting on 2/10 wishes
to followup, please feel free to post your own impresions.