Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Reg Rep & UDDI interoperability

David,

I'm a programmer. I know that I can sit down and build a bridge or a gateway
or anything else! It's a matter of time and desire.
If someone has already built it I'm happy to go and buy it, but what I'm
saying is to legalize it under the RSS spec! It's like opening another door
to a different street - many other different people will drop in, say hello
and some will stay.

Cheers,
Max

----- Original Message -----
From: "David RR Webber - XML ebusiness" <Gnosis_@compuserve.com>
To: "Farrukh Najmi" <farrukh.najmi@sun.com>
Cc: "Max Voskob" <mvoskob@msi.net.nz>; "OASIS_RegRep (E-mail)"
<regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 10:32 AM

Max,

I think Farrukh answered your "what time is it?" question with
a "how to build a swiss watch" answer ; -)

I would just point out that back over a year ago now -
XML Global successfully built an interface between a
BizTalk server and an ebXML Registry and messaging
system.

This allowed the BizTalk server to both send and receive
ebXML messaging, and also query the Registry - using
standard BizTalk COM calls and its own internal queue - it
had no idea it was talking via an ebXML interface - or
that messages were arriving other than via its "normal"
routing.

So - the answer to your question is "YES" - you can build a
simple bridge component if you want to that allows a UDDI
Registry to query to an ebXML one - there's nothing in the
"rules" that says you can't ; -)

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by Farrukh Najmi

Max Voskob wrote:

>I'm not sure if you discussed this option before, but I thought of
providing
>some UDDI interfaces to your Registry.

Hi Max,

Thank you for your suggestion.