Subject: Re: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

Duane,

The XML Global Registry interface already does all this - see
the attached GIF - where the MIMEtype = XML, and
objecttype = corecomponent - and that using the V2.0 RIM.

I do not see that we have to wait until someone officially
says we can represent a corecomponent in XML - is
there some kind of CEFACT CC police or something?!?

If we build an XML representation that captures the
content detailed by the CCTS spec's - that seems
to me to be admissible - if someone else wants to
use Excel, Access, or whatever else - that is their call.

But obviously XML makes most sense - since the
registry can return that as a result query - whereas
the other formats are binaries.

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by Chiusano Joseph
>Duane Nickull wrote:
>
> David RR Webber - XML ebusiness wrote:
> > Since the Core Component can be expressed in an XML structure,
> > you simply store the structure as any other XML, and handle it
> > just as any other content.   However - under the MIMEtype = XML,
> > we have the ability to do properties - and there we state
"CoreComponent"
> > (I believe we already have that implemented).
> >>>>>

> Can be expressed in XML but has not yet been agreed to be expressed in
> XML.  We need to do this ASAP IMHO.
>
> Currently,  there is not MIME type agreed to for expressing CC's or
BIEs'.

<