Subject: RE: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

-1

I can imagine that not making the essential business artifacts 1st class
might sound technically nice but we are trying to enable business.

I think there will be a set of business focused use case 'asks' for
specialized business services we'd hope the Registry will provide; to
make the business experience even more effective. Therefore, in the
interest of the business community, I'd like to suggest waiting for the
CC and BP teams input before passing any judgment.

Dave

OASIS
> Registry List
>
> +1
>
> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
>
> > Your suggestion has definitely crossed my mind. I have asked myself:
> > "maybe CCTS, BPSS, CPP/A are special and maybe we should give them
first
> > class status?"
> >
> > After careful analysis I feel that it would be a mistake to give
them
> > first class status no matter how "integral" a part of ebXML they
are. We
> > still must not have a tight coupling to them in ebXML Registry. Here
are
> > some reasons why not:
> >
> > -It is not necessary. No use case has been articulated that cannot
be
> > met without having a binding to the generic ebXML Registry as it is
> today.
> >
> > -It violates ebXML Architecture's goal of avoiding tight dependency
> > between ebXMl specs (Duane can remind us of the exact verbiage I am
> sure)
> >
> > -It is not a good design. A good design keeps layers one spec on
another
> > and avoids a circular dependency. CCTS should depend on ebXML
Registry