Subject: Re: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

Dave,

Thanks for your input.  I think we should clarify as to what we mean by
"first-class", so you can see if you still feel the same way (apologies
in advance if you already know this!).  By "first-class" we simply mean
having Intrinsic (pre-defined) object types within the Registry to
represent Core Components and their associated entities - in the same
way that we have pre-defined object types for Service, Classification,
Association, etc.  If Core Components were to not be first-class, it
would mean that they would be represented using Extrinsic objects - much
like CPA and CPP are represented.  One difference for implementations
would mean that queries would be different - as shown in the 2 SQL
commands I provided last week (second one used Slots).

- Joe