Subject: Re: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

I see this as a key decision to be made before proceeding too far ahead
- that is, how much (and which) of the metadata prescribed in the CC
spec should be represented as Registry metadata, and how much/which
should be "coupled" with the representation of the Core Component
entity.  One example would be a Core Component vs. BIE - should there be
a registry metadata attribute (intrinsic or slot, whichever we finally
decide on) called "EntityType" (or something similar) with values of
"CC", "BIE", etc., or should this metadata be indicated within the
serialization of the Core Component (by an EntityType tag, for example)
with the registry considering it a "generic" Core Component entity?

Of course, there would be ramifications for querying - will queries have
to get down into the content to find matches on certain parameters, vs.
querying the registry metadata.

- Joe