Subject: RE: [regrep] Summary: Implementing CCTS in Registry

Dave,

Note - UMM is nothing to do with CAM - since UMM is nothing
to do with XML - rather stating the obvious - like saying
fertilizer has nothing to do with Origami - but paper is made
from wood.

Anyway - since UMM has nothing to do with the topic of
CC serialization - I'm at a loss to understand why you
said any of this at all.

CAM is about content assembly - and therefore works
with Registry, Webservices, EDI, OAG BODs,
RosettaNet, UBL et al - and can be used with ebXML as
well.

The fact that we can use it for CC serialization
is perfectly acceptable - just like using XPath,
XQuery or any other XML technology component.

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by Dave Welsh
>Rest looks fine except for the CAM stuff, which
is / has not been part of the ebXML work nor is it in line with the
UN/CEFACT UMM approach on that subject..<