Subject: Re: [regrep] Summary: Implementing CCTS in Registry

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

><Excerpt>
>

>>However, not every thing captured in that summary necessarily belongs in
>>ebXML Registry TC. I propose we focus our discussion first by defining
>>what is *IN* vs *OUT* of scope for the CC registration/discovery
>>discussion.
>>

></Excerpt>
>
>Thanks, Farrukh.  I'll take that one step further, in the interest of
>keeping the discussion focused.  Here is a list of (what I believe is)
>"everything captured in the summary":

Here is my opinion on in/out of scope:

>- Registry metadata representations

above is in scope

>- Defined binding to registry

above is in scope

>- CAM

above is out of scope (this is not a reflection on its merits). It is in
the scope of CAM TC or Content Assembly tools.

>- Serialization format

above is out of scope (this is not a reflection on its merits). It is in
the scope of CCTS team. Registry will handle whatever Seria;ization
fromat they choose with more out-of-box features in case it is an XML
format.

>Would you be willing to elaborate more on what you believe might be out
>of scope?

Please state any differences of opinion from above scope boundaries. Thanks.