Subject: Re: [regrep] Summary: Implementing CCTS in Registry

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Based on the excerpt below, I have the sense that the biggest issue
>right now is who would be responsible for ensuring that the registry
>metadata requirements (as opposed to metadata within a serialization) in
>the Core Component spec are defined.  Let's assume that a binding will
>be created (this appears to be the most popular option vs. "hard"
>updates to the RIM) - there are several possibilities (for simplicity,
>we'll assume for now that whoever creates the binding owns it -
>otherwise too many decision variables!):
>
>(1) The CCTS Team is completely responsible for creating a registry
>binding
>(2) The Registry TC is completely responsible for creating a registry
>binding
>(3) The CCTS Team and Registry TC are both responsible for creating a
>binding (registry TC acting as "consultants")
>(4) An entirely different group (ex: a new OASIS TC) is responsible for
>creating the binding (the OASIS "ebXML Registry Bindings TC"?)

I personally do not think (4) would help an already murky ownership
situation.

(3) is closest in spirit to what I prefer, though I would argue that
(1), (2) and (3) do not acurately reflect the possibility that I was
promoting which is:

5) The CCTS team is completely responsible for creating a registry
binding and the registry TC is completely willing to act in a consulatnt
capacity throughout the process and review ( and even approve if called
upon) any resulting specs or Best Practice papers.

The main distinction is to avoid any murliness on who is ultimately
responsible (CCTS team in my pov). I have no issues with any level of
consultancy by registry TC once the single point of ownership is clearly
agreed upon. And I am open minded as to whether the bidning belongs in a
registry TC approved BP paper or some non-registry spec.

Thanks Joe for helping us move forward on these issues.