Subject: Re: [regrep] UDDI <> ebXML Reg use case

Max,

We had a detailed thread (initiated by you) on this very proposal
recently. I recall acknowledging the validity of your use case and
making a detailed argument on why the use case should be met by
product/implementation based solutions and not specifications. I will
refer you to the message on Feb. 12 (less than two weeks ago):

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200302/msg00032.html

Your last word on this thread was at:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200302/msg00050.html

Have you any new information to share that changes the balance of the
argument?

Lastly, regarding the picture you sent with the recent message, I take
issue with the distinction of Web Service user and ebXML  user. IMO,
ebXML is just as much web services as (SOAP, UDDI and WSDL). I am not
fond of any standards apartheid and FUD that misleads people into
believing that ebXML is somehow not web services (I am not suggesting
that you originated this misconception. You may just be a victim of it ;-) )

To conclude:

ebXML is not an alternative to web services.
ebXML is advanced "Business web services.

--
Respectfully,
Farrukh