Subject: RE: [regrep] Core Components and XML Serialization - Which Approach?

Joe,

I've created a ZIP file of the CRI work carried out under CEFACT.

The ZIP contains the draft spec', sample schemas and XML
documents.

The download link is here:

 http://cam.swiki.net/11

I believe that this work can be simplified and edited down
to give a first draft "CRI for Registry" - particularly now that
the CCTS is in a final form.

I snipped the following out of the document as I think this is
instructive (see bottom).

I'd suggest that we first tackle the conceptual core component
representation, then move to the logical and physical layers.

Obviously this early CRI work led to the work on CAM, so
there are several pieces in the old CRI that make it
significantly more complex - because it was having
to do both jobs - (and yes - it used recursion to capture
the assembly details).

Anyway - I will undertake to post a revised OASIS CRI draft
for Monday next week - that is a first brush on taking the
earlier work and updating it for March 2003, instead of
Nov, 2001.

This should then give the team a logical startpoint that
incorporates the earlier work - and should shortcut alot
of the simpler basic questions that were starting to crop
up here.

Thanks, DW.

<snip>

Each item is annotated to describe the specific individual function.
It should be noted that the schema is designed to fulfill a
flexible set of uses, including:

·	Logical core components
·	Physical component details
·	Assembly documents
·	Compound items
·	Atomic nouns
·	Atomic and compound parts of nouns
·	Process Verbs
·	Reference tables

As a guide for implementers, users should be encouraged to first
create assembly document references based off their existing DTD,
Schema or EDI transaction structures.  From this naturally flows
the associated component details, and then above those the logical
core component models can be derived.  The associated noun and
part details can then be derived along with verb and reference
table details.

<snip>