Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components and XML Serialization - Which Approach?

Here are some specific references:

"
7.3.1    Class ObjectRef
An instance of the ObjectRef class is used to reference a
RegistryObject. A RegistryObject may be referenced via an ObjectRef
instance regardless of its location or that of the object referring to it.

7.3.1.3    Attribute home
Every ObjectRef instance may optionally have a home attribute specified.
The home attribute if present must contain the base URI to the home
registry for the referenced RegistryObject. The base URI to a registry
is described by the REST interface as defined in [ebRS].

7.3.1.4    Local Vs. Remote ObjectRefs
When the home attribute is specified, and matches the base URI of a
remote registry, then ObjectRef is referred to as a remote ObjectRef.
If the home attribute is null then its default value is the base URI to
the current registry. When the home attribute is null or matches the
base URI of the current registry, then the ObjectRef is referred to as a
local ObjectRef.

"