Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components and XML Serialization - Which Approach?

I know you are Joel, and thanks for your great work! The reply was not
meant for you, but for the listserv as a clarification for all of what
you referred to. I am not so sure that the 2 replication mechanisms are
as similar as you claim, and wanted to put forth that information to
elicit other impressions.

Joe

"Munter, Joel D" wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I am quite familiar with the steps to bring a new node into a UDDI
> Registry as I led the team that drafted much of this text.  I am curious
> why you sent it in direct reply to my comment.
>
> I was commenting that much of the "replica" modeling within the ebXML
> Federated Registry specification language is analogous to the thought
> process and modeling that we did for UDDI.
>
> The ebXML Federated Registry concept of "home" is analogous to the UDDI
> notion of custodian node and so on.
>
> Please note: I have no plans to participate in any long convoluted
> thread comparing the virtues or issues with either approach.  I was
> simply pointing out that this is one of several areas of overlap between
> the two specifications.
>
> Joel Munter, Intel
> desk: 480.552.3076

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano