Subject: Re: [regrep] [XML Schema issue] Replace choice with type substitution

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Now I see (I was thinking of something else).
>
>SQLQuery and FilterQuery elements would be substitutionGroup'ed to the
>Query element. So in the schema we would have:
>
><xsd:element name="Query" type="tns:AdHocQueryType" abstract="true"/>

Yes for above

><xsd:element name="SQLQuery" substitutionGroup="Query"
>type="SQLQueryType"/>
>
><xsd:element name="FilterQuery" substitutionGroup="Query"
>type="FilterQueryType"/>

Not quite.

Instead it is through type inheritence that already existed for
SQLQueryType and FilterQueryType as they extended AdhocQueryType. Please
see existing rim.xsd and query.xsd for V3 at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/3.0/schema

So there will be no change to the definition of SQLQuery and FilterQuery
under the proposal.

>And in the instance documents (as you mentioned):
>
><Query xsi:type="SQLQuery">
></Query>
>
>OR
>
><Query xsi:type="FilterQuery">