Subject: Re: [regrep] Alternate Term for "Best Practice"?

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>As we are getting ready to release our first Best Practice paper
>(Registering Web Services in an ebXML Registry), I've been thinking
>about the use of the term "best practice". In many cases, it is used to
>indicate lessons learned from experience; however, this is not the case
>with our Best Practice paper.
>
>Would anyone support the use of an alternate term? Perhaps one of:
>
>	- Reference Implementation
>	- Usage Scenarios
>	- Implementation Guidelines
>	- others?

I think BP has a certain name recognition and so I am slightly partial
to that. I do not think it is inappropriate use of the term.

IMO, Reference Implementation is not right, nor is usage scenario.

Implementation Guideline is reasoanable.

Maybe Peter K. can give his thoughts from a marketing perspective.