Subject: Re: [regrep] Booz Allen Hamilton paper online

K.C.,

Thank you so much for your very accurate comments, and for presenting
these ideas at the ebXML Korea Conference. Please see feedback below.

<Quote1>
In my opinion, the sentence, "There is also the possibility of
discovering an ebXML registry from within UDDI.", should be
written as "There is also the possibility of discovering a UDDI from
within an ebXML registry.".
</Quote1>

You are correct - that is a typo.

<Quote2>
"Additionally, there does not currently exist a standard mechanism for
querying both types of registries at an abstract
level - that is, in which information can be pulled from either a UDDI
registry or ebXML registry using the same query
mechanism on both types of registries.".
As far as I know, we can use the JAXR for querying both types of
registries with each query capability(of course, not the
same query mechanism).
</Quote2>

I definitely should have been more specific about this. What I wanted to
say was that there does not currently exist an open standard
(programming language-agnostic) for doing this. I chose to not mention
JAXR because my intention was to be very high-level and not get into
specific APIs.  Thanks for point this out.

Kind Regards,
Joe
Kyu-Chul Lee wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I enjoy reading your impressive paper, and I am going to present your idea to the ebXML Korea community
> at the ebXML Korea Conference held on 30th April.
>
> While I am reading the expanded Interoperability section, I am afraid there may be some mistake in the first sentence of
> the 'Additional Possibilities' subsection.
> In my opinion, the sentence, "There is also the possibility of discovering an ebXML registry from within UDDI.", should be
> written as "There is also the possibility of discovering a UDDI from within an ebXML registry.".
>
> And one more thing that I'd like to mention is about the last sentence of the same subsection, i.e.
> "Additionally, there does not currently exist a standard mechanism for querying both types of registries at an abstract level - that is, in which information can be pulled from either a UDDI registry or ebXML registry using the same query mechanism on both types of registries.".
> As far as I know, we can use the JAXR for querying both types of registries with each query capability(of course, not the same query mechanism).
> I think that introducing JAXR to the readers will be more informative.
>
> Kind Regards,
> K.C.

>  Kyu-Chul Lee
>  Professor
>  Dept. of Computer Engineering, Chungnam National University
>  220 Gung-Dong, Yuseong-Gu
>  Daejeon, 305-764, South Korea
>  Voice  : +82-42-821-6658      FAX : +82-42-822-4997
>  Mobile Phone :  +82-11-9947-6658
>  E-mail : kclee@ce.cnu.ac.kr <mailto:kclee@ce.cnu.ac.kr>
>  URL    : http://dblab.ce.cnu.ac.kr/

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano