Subject: RE: [regrep] Clarification of 3 implementations requirement

It seems like a cheat to claim that an instance of an implementation be
used to fulfil the OASIS requirements.  I think the spirit of the "3
implementations" rule is to validate that the architecture is
implementable.  If 2 Yellow Dragon Software customers were to come
forward and claim that they are using an ebXML Registry server, what
does that prove?  It proves that we were able to sell the software to 2
customers.

Another issue is that there are three "registry vendors" that are openly
marketing themselves:

- YDS
- XMLG
- ebxmlrr

All three currently are problematic under the OASIS rules.  YDS & XMLG
are currently not member organizations (YDS will be), nor is ebXMLRR.
http://ebxmlrr.sf.net/ doesn't appear as an OASIS Sponsor or
Contributor, although I'm sure Farrukh will just point to Sun's web
services grab bag up at java.sun.com and say it's a Sun product :-)

I think OASIS needs to clarify this, if only to make the organization's
intent more clear to us.

...and since Peter appears to be getting away with a Blatant Product
Plug(tm) --

I hear that you can download an easily installed ebXML Registry product
here: http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com/downloads/registry/  Explore all
of the wonders of
ebXML Registry in moments from the comfort of your home, MySQL server
installation
sold separately ;-)

Matthew MacKenzie
President & CTO