Subject: Re: [regrep] "ebXML Registry and Web services" Federal Pilot

<Quote>
[DN] I like this proposal and would like to suggest that the OASIS eGov
TC sub team formally collect requirements from the federal users.
</Quote>

Duane, I think now may be a good point to carry this to the E-Gov TC
(while continuing here in the Registry TC, perhaps in a combined
thread), per your springboard discussion last week of registry
requirements. I can, but it may be best for you to as you initiated the
requirements discussion last week. Please take this to the E-Gov TC if
you'd like, letting them know about our pilot discussion.

Joe

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Farrukh Najmi wrote:
> Comments inline:
>
> >> I would like to see the following:
> >>
> >> 1. Registry "A" has several intrinsic objects...
> >> <SNIP>
> >>
> >> comments?
> >>
> > Above lists is ad hoc and is not entirely consistent in use of terms and
> > concepts from current specs. I would like to suggest that we initiate
> > two parrallel activities:
> {dn} I realize this and that is why I have proposed a sub-sommittee from
> the OASIS eGov committee to formally collect user requirements for
> Registries.  It is possible (highly likely) that we missed some
> requirements while writing ebXML due to the fact that many registry
> implementors are using the regsitry for "other than ebXML" purposes.
>

> > 1) A federal pilot with ebXML Registry as  suggested in Joe's email. The
> > details of that would be driven by the pilot and customers involved and
> > contrained by the features available in the implementation chosen by the
> > customer.
>  >>>
> [DN] I like this proposal and would like to suggest that the OASIS eGov
> TC sub team formally collect requirements from the federal users.  If
> there are requirements that are outside the scope of the current specs
> (which they may well be), then these should be submitted to the RegRep
> team for their consideration.  The remainded of the requirements can
> then be implemented as per Joe's suggestion.
>
> I have already proposed the deliverable of the subcommittee within OASIS
> eGov.  Farrukh is also involved.  This seems like a logical place to
> collect user requirements but I am always open to other suggestions.
> >
> > 2) Create a sub-team regrep-conformance that begins work on defining a
> > V2.5 compatible Conformance Test specification
> >>

> +1
>
> Cheers
>
> Duane Nickull
>
> --
> Yellow Dragon Software Corp. - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
> Service Oriented Architectures - ebXML, Web Services, Registry, SOAP
> Project Team lead - United Nations CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
> +1 (604) 738-1051
> ***********************************
>
> You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano