Subject: RE: [regrep] "ebXML Registry and Web services" Federal Pilot

Please bear in mind I was cautioning the TC on our need to avoid appearing to endorse a particular vendor product, as a couple folks have also explained.  I am aware that there need to be several implementations of a standard.  Please review the archives where I have asked several times if anyone is aware of any 3.0 (2.5) implementations in work so that we can go forward with moving the specs to OASIS membership review and vote (following a future vote of the TC to do so).

Kathryn

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew MacKenzie [mailto:matt@mac-kenzie.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 11:03 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: Chiusano Joseph; regrep@lists.oasis-open.org; Karl F Best (E-mail)

Kathryn,

You must also keep in mind that without implementations, the TC is
nothing more than mental masturbation.  A critical problem with ebRR is
there is just ebxmlRR and Yellow Dragon.  A successful standard needs to
have at least a few implementations.  Favoring the use of only one of
the two available seems to be against the TC's best interests.

Without commercial applications, there can be no commercial
transactions.  Without commercial transactions, OASIS doesn't get
paid...and if OASIS doesn't get paid, TC membership drops, and without
TC membership...

-Matt