Subject: Re: [Fwd: [regrep] AIIM and ebXML Registry]

Slight correction:

<Was>
to be stored and managed within the same registry
</Was>

<ShouldBe>
to be stored and managed within the same registry as its associated XML
artifacts.
</ShouldBe>

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> Registry TC,
>
> Here is a quick update on the outcome of my meeting with AIIM this
> morning:
>
> - I presented some definite synergies between Document Management
> systems and an ebXML Registry; for example, it would be very
> advantageous for an electronic document (such as an e-form) to be stored
> and managed within the same registry (meaning registry standard, not
> necessarily the same exact registry implementation). This would allow
> (for example) a document to be associated with its XML artifacts (such
> as a schema, DTD, stylesheet, etc.).
>
> - I encouraged AIIM to encourage its member vendors to join our TC
> (Adobe is already represented here). AIIM is not currently an OASIS
> member but will be investigating the possibility of joining.
>
> - AIIM feels that they should encourage their member vendors to learn
> more about the ebXML Registry standard.
>
> - I most likely will author a document in the future for the AIIM
> magazine on use of an ebXML Registry with Enterprise Content Management
> (ECM).
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

> Subject: [regrep] AIIM and ebXML Registry
> Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:26:45 -0400
> From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
> To: "regrep@lists.oasis-open.org" <regrep@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> Registry TC,
>
> I have been asked to meet with a representative of AIIM (The Association
> for Information and Image Management [1]) on the possibility of AIIM
> asking its members to make their content management applications
> compliant with the ebXML Registry specifications. I plan to meet with
> AIIM next week to tell them more about our specifications and help them
> understand where potential synergies may lie.
>
> Please let me know by the end of Monday, 6/23 if there are any specific
> questions you'd like me to ask, or specific aspects of our registry
> specifications you would like me to highlight (beyond those of my
> discretion). More information on AIIM is included below.
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> >From "About AIIM":
>
> "AIIM International is the industry’s leading global organization. We
> believe that at the center of an effective business infrastructure in
> the digital age is the ability to capture, manage, store, preserve and
> deliver enterprise content to support business processes. The requisite
> technologies to establish this infrastructure are an extension of AIIM's
> core document and content technologies. These Enterprise Content
> Management (ECM) technologies are key enablers of e-Business and
> include: Content/Document Management, Business Process Management,
> Enterprise Portals, Knowledge Management, Image Management, Data
> Warehousing, and Data Mining. Our focus over the next 3-5 years will be
> helping our members - both users and suppliers – make this e-Business
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano