Subject: Re: [regrep] ebXML Registry "Brochure" (Was Re: [regrep] PR for specs)

Duane Nickull wrote:

> +1 agree! I have three days of registry slides to pick from and will
> try to bring down to 10 slides as a possible start point.
>
> One of my contacts is just starting the job of perusing 180+ pages of
> registry spec. His comments indicate the need for a quickstart guide.

So far we have:

a) Registry brochure

b) Registry quick start guide

and I would like to add as a possibility

c) Registry Tutorial

I see (a) being very light weight and high impact. I see (b) being a
litle more meat than (a). I see (c) being quite detailed but designed
according to use cases and filled with examples. A few good examples
come to mind:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.1/tutorial/doc/

How do people see the relative priority of above 3 possibilities? It
would be great to hear from actual users trying to grapple with the
specs even if they are not TC members.