Subject: Re: [regrep] UDDI as the registry for ebXML components: Typo?

 From an architectural perspective, WSA, WS-I, UN/CEFACT eBusiness
Architecture and ebXML are becoming the same thing.  UDDI has not
reacted to fullfill requirements for semantic interchange and other
advanced ISO/IEC 11179 content associations and user defined
classifications that are required by the latter two architectures.  The
latest ebXML v2.5 does facilitate the requirements of those architectures.

What I would like to see, as a pragmatc technologist, if to abstract the
ebXML RSS and UDDI interfaces to the same API-like JAXR yet have one
unified level of support, not two like the current JAXR level 0 and
level 1.  With the newer requirements from the WSAG, it is only
inevitable that UDDI will have additional requirements and hence be
forced to add on more funtionality like semantics (already in the WSA
document).

Why re-invent a registry?  Let's consolidate UDDI and ebXML.  I
personally don't care what we call it - how about "WS-Registry".  The
technical work will not be hard, getting political cooperation is once
again likely to become the barrier <sigh>

Duane Nickull
--
Yellow Dragon Software Corp. - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Service Oriented Architectures - ebXML, Web Services, Registry Downloads