Subject: Re: [regrep] Does Registry need Business Analytics/Business Intelligence Capabilities?

<Quote>
Is there business residue that can be collected from the registry?
</Quote>

Although one could use the registry in this way (given its abstract
nature), this is not the intended usage as I view it. This sounds more
like ERP/CRM-type systems.

Joe

Zachary Alexander wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Metaphorically, BI works on the residue of business transactions.  It
> deals with the micro-decisions that companies make everyday. Given those
> two conditions then we have two questions.  Is there business residue
> that can be collected from the registry? If there is business residue
> (i.e., transaction logs), can the analysis of those logs lead to better
> micro-decisions.  If there is the potential that the registry functions
> could be distributed throughout an organization, then there is a higher
> probability that the business residue (i.e., transaction logs) could be
> of interest in the decision making process.
>
> Zachary Alexander
> The IT Investment Architect
> ebTDesign LLC, (703) 283-4325
> http://www.ebTDesign.com
> http://www.p2pspeaker.com
> http://www.p2peconomy.com

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano