Subject: Re: [regrep] FW: [ebxml-jc] ebXML press

<Quote>
this is exactly the area that we are seeing we need more clarification
from OASIS TCs across the board.
</Quote>

Absolutely - starting with our own TC.

Joe

David RR Webber - XML ebusiness wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I'm quoting from the article (see snip below), and from the
> JMT perspective this is exactly the area that we are
> seeing we need more clarification from OASIS TCs across
> the board.
>
> I'm not convinced that generalizations made in this section
> from the article actually apply - but of course the authors
> are entitled to their opinions.
>
> We need to answer the question
>
>  "What are core webservices?"
>
> In fact I have produced this diagram here:
>
>  http://www.ebxmlforum.org/images/core-webservices.jpg
>
> (press F11 to see it fullscreen in IE)
>
> to show that in fact these technologies are overlapping and
> convergent.  True there are technical issues to still be
> ironed out to give 100% compatiblity - but if you apply the
> 80:20 rule - I believe these pieces fit together very well
> right now - for most average obvious business needs.
>
> Of course people can always point to complex technical
> issues - but most of the time business users only care
> about a fraction of that as it is good enough for their needs.
>
> DW.
> <snip>
> Both ebXML and the WSA requirements address interoperability, ubiquity,
> extensibility, security, transactions, and so on. However, ebXML and Web
> services differ in how they approach and solve these problems. The ebXML
> suite is a complete architecture with a predefined problem set and a
> synthesized solution, while Web services is an extensible, bottom-up
> framework founded on simple technologies with unlimited applicability.
>
> Here, we offer an overview of the WSA and ebXML, followed by a detailed
> comparison of each technology's messaging layer functions using the WSA's
> CA as a criteria for comparison. Although messaging is only one of the CA's
> three major blocks (along with description and discovery), we focus on it
> here because current Web services technologies are the most mature in this
> area.
> </snip>
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano