Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?]

<Quote>
we also need a serialization of the context declaration (preferrably in
XML to be parsable by applications).
</Quote>

Yes - this is currently being done by the UN/CEFACT ATG 2 group. Duane,
do you have any insight into this from the UN/CEFACT perspective?

Joe

Duane Nickull wrote:

> IN addition to these,  we also need a serialization of the context
> declaration (preferrably in XML to be parsable by applications).
>
> We have done TONS of work in this area over the past 3 years and will
> share more if anyone is interested.  I belive Matt made the first alpha
> back in early 2001.
>
> Duane
>
> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> ><Quote1>
> >I think it would be relatively trivial to define a new object type
> >called "XML Fragment"
> ></Quote1>
> >
> >As per the Core Components work, the ObjectType would be one of:
> >
> >- BCC (Basic Core Component)
> >- ACC (Aggregate Core Component)
> >- BBIE (Basic Business Information Entity)
> >- ABIE (Aggregate Business Information Entity)
> >etc.
> >
> >We will include in the CCRIM a mechanism for the registry to signify the
> >type of content - i.e. UML, XML, etc.
> >
> ><Quote2>
> >Bidirectional associations could then be used to associate the fragments
> >("Contains") & ("PartOf").
> ></Quote2>
> >
> >Absolutely - also covered in the CCRIM work. For example, we will have
> >"Contains" associations from an ACC to its comprising BCCs.
> >
> ><Quote3>
> >I think registry already has the capability to do this sort of thing.
> ></Quote3>
> >
> >Yes - and that is what we are leveraging as part of the CCRIM work.
> >
> ><Quote4>
> >Must we place every use case in the specification?
> ></Quote4>
> >
> >You're going to see *plenty* of use cases in our CCRIM Technical Note,
> >due out in the Fall.
> >
> ><Quote5>
> >Maybe a best practice doc is needed.
> ></Quote5>
> >
> >You might consider the CCRIM Technical Note to be such a best practice
> >doc. Stay tuned...
> >
> >Joe
> >Matthew MacKenzie wrote:
> >

> >>I think it would be relatively trivial to define a new object type
> >>called "XML Fragment", then use a simple tool which merely took a
> >>schema, made a copy of the enclosing <schema /> element, inserted that
> >>to the registry, then one by one added all other global elements top the
> >>registry.  Bidirectional associations could then be used to associate
> >>the fragments ("Contains") & ("PartOf").
> >>
> >>I think registry already has the capability to do this sort of thing.
> >>Must we place every use case in the specification?  Maybe a best
> >>practice doc is needed.
> >>
> >>-Matt

> >>--
> >>Matthew MacKenzie
> >>Yellow Dragon Software Corporation
> >>http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com/
> >>m: +1 506.869.0175
> >>

> --
> Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
> Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano