Subject: RE: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML Schema?]

Since at the time of the demo we had not yet announced the new product that
we used to create the form, we couldn't show the product or different ways
to use it in the demo.

Consquently, all we showed was searching the registry to find the complete
schema that had been provided curtesy of Joe. That schema was downloaded to
the local machine. Then, miracle of miracles, we showed the completed form
template being registered back again.

In reality, most designers won't have the luxury of having a complete schema
for their form handed to them. More likely, they will have to piece various
bits together and create some of their own to complete the design of the xml
for the form.

cheers

pk

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 6:07 PM
To: Duane Nickull
Cc: Peter Kacandes; regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XML
Schema?]

<Quote>
It is a shorter XML instance document.
</Quote>

Uh...I think I already knew that. But thanks anyway. ;)

I should explain further why I posed that question specifically to
Peter: I was at the demo that he references, and (unless it happened
while I was on a sidebar with someone) I do not recall any aspect of
that demo covering anything less than a complete XML schema. So I
thought that perhaps he had a different interpretation of the term "XML
fragment" than the norm.

Joe