Subject: Re: [regrep] Accessing a RegistryObject From a UDDI Registry

Thanks to all who replied. Now going in the other direction (ebXML
Registry to UDDI), we can say the following - can someone please confirm
that this is accurate?:

While ebXML registry's Version 2.5 HTTP interface utilizes UUIDs, UDDI's
HTTP interface utilizes uddiKeys (which are keys for entities published
in UDDI registries). An example is as follows:

http://base_uri_of_UDDI_node?tModelKey=uddi:tempuri.com:fish:interface

In the above example, the XML representation of a tModel whose key is
"uddi:tempuri.com:fish:interface" is retrieved.

In the ebXML registry, an "ExternalLink" can be created and associated
with a RegistryObject that represents the WSDL document. This
ExternalLink would specify the UDDI HTTP interface URI shown above:

<rim:ExternalLink
id="UDDILink"
externalURI="http://base_uri_of_UDDI_node?tModelKey=uddi:tempuri.com:
 fish:interface">
   <rim:Name>
<rim:LocalizedString value="My WSDL document"/>
   </rim:Name>
   <rim:Description>
<rim:LocalizedString value="This WSDL document…"/>
   </rim:Description>
</rim:ExternalLink>

Thanks,
Joe

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> I have a quick question regarding UDDI and ebXML Registry, that I hope
> at least one person can offer a clarification on. It involves accessing
> a RegistryObject from a UDDI registry.
>
> Suppose we start with the following tModel that represents a WSDL
> document:
>
> <tModel tModelKey="some_urn">
>    <name>My WSDL document</name>
>    <description>This WSDL document...</description>
>    <overviewDoc>
>       <overviewURL useType="text">
>            http://myWSDLdoc.com
>       </overviewURL>
>    </overviewDoc>
>    <categoryBag>
>       --removed for example purposes--
>    </categoryBag>
> </tModel>
>
> Of course, the new "RegistryObjects as URLs" feature will allow the URL
> of the RegistryObject to be placed in the <overviewURL> element above -
> but using our v2.5 HTTP interface, if one were to replace the
> <overviewURL> value above with an HTTP GET for a RegistryObject, would
> it have the exact same effect? This would look as follows:
>
> <tModel tModelKey="some_urn">
>    <name>My WSDL document</name>
>    <description>This WSDL document...</description>
>    <overviewDoc>
>       <overviewURL useType="text">
> GET /http?interface=QueryManager&method=getRegistryObject&param-id=
> uuid_of_WSDL_document HTTP/1.1 717
>       </overviewURL>
>    </overviewDoc>
>    <categoryBag>
>       --removed for example purposes--
>    </categoryBag>
> </tModel>
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

> You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano