Subject: Format for our documents

Changed subject title to protect the innocent...

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Docbook?

Actually all I was thinking is to save the document as HTML. This is a
cheap and mindless act.

The current spec source in in Word. It has several problems due to
limitations in Word for large documents. Longer term I would like to
move away from Word. I was thinking of Open Office which is the basis
for the Open Office Format TC:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office

Important criterea for choice of formats are:

-Open format (ideally XML)

-WYSIWYG Editors that are useable and reliable

-Ideally freely available software

Open Office meets each of the above requirements. Software is freely
available from:

    http://www.openoffice.org

Also since it can open Word formats migration from Word to Open Office
would be relatively painless.

What do people (and specialy Sally) think?