Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: [xml-dev] Extract A Subset of a W3C XMLSchema?]

<Quote>
The only fly in this ointment is that Microsoft chose to ignore this for
IE and instead build InfoDocs.
</Quote>

Couple this with the fact that Microsoft has decided to not release any
new versions of IE, and what do you get? Sounds like Microsoft is trying
to hold on to its Windows base through its InfoPath (which is still in
Beta) initiative. Thoughts?

Joe

David RR Webber - XML ebusiness wrote:

> Message text written by "Chiusano Joseph"
> >
> <Quote1>
> For a designer looking to automate a form they are confronted with the
> need to find appropriate XML to which to bind the form fields.
> </Quote1>
>
> XForms 1.0 - when it becomes a W3C Recommendation - will be ideal for
> this.
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
>
> Joe,
>
> The only fly in this ointment is that Microsoft chose to ignore this for
> IE and instead build InfoDocs.
>
> I'm still not sure that XML -> XForms is in anyway automatic - you
> are still going to need to use CAM, XSL et al to do rendering.
>
> The only difference I see is that - like xhtml - the XForm fields
> are "smarter" than HTML text entry fields.
>
> The more things change the more they stay the same ; -)
>
> Peter I'm sure has some other thoughts here!
>
> DW.
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano