Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components Walkthrough - 8/21/03

Joseph:

Thank you for the work to present this last week.  I am sorry I missed
the last part.

This is of extremem interest to Yellow Dragon Software as we are working
on two projects right now that involve placing [Core COmponents ||
BIE's] into registries.

Some questions that do need to be answered:

1. What is the XML serialization of a CC and BIE going to look like?
 Who is doing the relevant work? (ATG???)

2. Is there any impact on the RIM?  My feeling is no.  If the CC's are
handled as a Registry Object of unknown type, keeping the standard
metadata about them should be sufficient.  CC or BIE manipulation will
likely happen outside the registry in a remote application.

To me, it appears that the registry fully supports the ability for an
application to be built that can assemble BIE's into a formal metadata
declaration (such as a schema) and CC's can be used to build a formal
declaration of an Assembly document.

Most of the work to be done sadly rests with the XML expression of CC's.

Duane

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Hope everyone enjoyed the (painful?) walkthrough of the Core Components
>presentation on our last TC call. For our next TC call (8/21), the Core
>Components Review subcommittee will be presenting details on our
>implementation of the Core Components in the Registry architecture. More
>specifically, we will be walking through Section 7 of the Core
>Components Technical Specification [1], and discussing our handling of
>each requirement in that section.
>
>If you'd like to get a leg up on this call, please feel free to review
>Section 7 of the CCTS in advance.
>
>Please let me know if you have any questions on this section - Happy
>Reading!
>
>Joe
>
>[1] http://xml.coverpages.org/ni2002-12-19-a.html
>(under "Principal references" at end, select [source .ZIP]
>
>You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php

Yellow Dragon Software - http://www.yellowdragonsoft.com
Web Services & ebXML Messaging / Registry Downloads
Project Team Lead - UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
Phone:   +1 (604) 738-1051 - Canada: Pacific Standard Time
Direct:  +1 (604) 726-3329