Subject: [no subject]

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:farrukh.najmi@sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 3:32 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [regrep] Format for our documents

Changed subject title to protect the innocent...

Duane Nickull wrote:

> Docbook?

Actually all I was thinking is to save the document as HTML. This is a=20
cheap and mindless act.

The current spec source in in Word. It has several problems due to=20
limitations in Word for large documents. Longer term I would like to=20
move away from Word. I was thinking of Open Office which is the basis=20
for the Open Office Format TC:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=3Doffice

Important criterea for choice of formats are:

-Open format (ideally XML)

-WYSIWYG Editors that are useable and reliable

-Ideally freely available software

Open Office meets each of the above requirements. Software is freely=20
available from:

    http://www.openoffice.org

Also since it can open Word formats migration from Word to Open Office=20
would be relatively painless.

What do people (and specialy Sally) think?

--=20
Farrukh

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting =
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgro=
up.php