Subject: Re: [regrep] 7/29/2003: Conformance Efforts and ebXML IIC

Title: ebXML Registry 2.5 Specification Assertion List
Farrukh,

   I took a look at your test requirements, and modified them to reflect the syntax and semantics
of the IIC Test Framework.   I've attached a modified version for you to look at, and begin a dialog
regarding the RS specification and where to start if you'd like.

   I won't be available for the next regrep phone conference, but hope that we can discuss details
via email.

Thanks,
Mike

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 2:36 PM

Monica Martin wrote:

> As requested in last week's call, I did talk to the ebXML IIC about
> your interest in conformance.  They indicated if our team could
> provide a draft/strawman list of abstract test requirements (or
> objectives), that would be great. They could then formulate some
> examples as specified in the test framework and make this an
> interactive exercise.

Recall from last meeting that I had suggetsed that we compile a set of
spec assertions and give that as a starting point for IIC to get
engaged. I feel that the " abstract test requirements (or objectives)"
are likley to mean the same thing.

I had an AI from last meeting to send an example of what I mean by test
assertion list. Please find attached file with a sample of what such a
list might look like.

Monica, could you please get coments from IIC whether this is
representative of what they need from us?

Team members please share your thoughts. Thanks.

OASIS ebXML Registry 2.5
Specification Assertions

ID Section Section Title
Description
EBRR:EBRS:1 6.6.2 QueryManager HTP Interface

The HTTP Interface to QueryManager must be supported by all registries.

EBRR:EBRS:2 7.3.3 Universally Unique ID Generation

The registry must assign a client specified id to an object submitted by the client if the id conforms format of a URN that specifies a DCE 128 bit UUID.

EBRR:EBRS:3 7.3.3 Universally Unique ID Generation

If the client does not supply an id for a submitted object then the registry must generate a universally unique id.

EBRR:EBRS:4 7.3.5
Audit Trail

The RS must create AuditableEvent objects with eventType Created for each RegistryObject created via a SubmitObjectsRequest.

EBRR:EBRS:5 7.4.2
Audit Trail

The RS must create AuditableEvents object with eventType Updated for each RegistryObject updated via an UpdateObjectsRequest.

You may leave a Technical Committee at any time by visiting http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/regrep/members/leave_workgroup.php