Subject: Re: [regrep] [Fwd: Review of latest ebRIM schema (v2.5)] - ExternalLInk]

(Removed OASIS webmaster.)

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

>Farrukh,
>
>In advance of our call I have a few questions (feel free to hold off
>responding until our call if you think it's best):
>
>(1) What are "composed objects"? (don't recall that terminology)

Composed objects are those objects that related to RegistryObject box
via a relationship with a solid diamon in Figure 1 in ebRIM. Composition
is decsribed in ebRIM somewhere and its definition is as described in
UML. Composed objects are part of another object and cannot live
independent of their parent composite objects. In ebRIM 2.5
Classifications, ExternalIdentifiers and Slots are examples  of composed
objects within a RegistryObject.

>(2) Is this covered by our Cursor Support feature?

The issue sent by  Mei is not addressed by our Cursor Support feature.
The issue is that a client must issue two separate registry requests one
to a get a RegistryObject and another to get its ExternalLinks. Where as
when a client gets a RegistryObject today all its Classifications are
included in same response.

I have also found that ExternalLink implementation is trickier because
it is handled different from Classifications etc.

I tend to be very supportive of the idea of making ExternalLink be a
composed object within ebRIM and woudld be willing to do this in our
next version (2.6).