Subject: Re: [regrep] Re: Republica Case Study (Was: Re: [regrep] Web Siteupdate request)

The work we are currently doing also will likely impact CCRIM et al.

Some issues:

A data element in a dictionary has an identifier that uniquely
identifies it within the domain in which is was created.  The RIM UUID
would duplicate this identifier and supercede it by being a truly
universally unique ID.  How to store the Data element in a way that when
it is serialized, it takes it's UUID from the RIM instance and is
serialized into the format of the data element (in our case xml)???

A data element asserts it has a certain status bestowed upon it by the
[Responsible ORganization].  That needs to be ina serialization of the
data element but cannot conflict with the RIM instance data that
duplicates its' status.  How to keep these in alignment?

A lot more where that came from.

Duane